The online Master of Arts in Mass Communication with a specialization in Web Design and Online Communication includes 37 credit hours: 34 hours of coursework and electives, plus three final credits in the capstone course. The program curriculum is guided and taught by leading faculty of the University of Florida and industry professionals.
For those not pursuing a master’s degree, there is an option to earn a graduate certificate. For more information on the graduate certificate, click here.
Unique Learning Experience
- Progress at a pace that’s comfortable for you. Students generally take 1-3 classes per semester.
- The fall and spring semesters are 16 weeks and the summer semester is 13 weeks. All courses follow the traditional UF Academic Calendar.
- Full-time students can complete the curriculum in 16 months.
- Classes are live and meet during specific times during the week.
- Live classes allow for interaction and engagement.
Design Core – 13 Credits Required
Programming Core – 15 Credits Required
MAMC Core – Six Credits Required
Capstone Project – Three Credits Required
Students in the graduate certificate track complete only the first four courses listed above. Enrolling in the graduate certificate is a popular option for some students, as the application process does not require taking the GRE. Then, while taking these courses, a student can also prepare for and take the GRE. Upon successful completion, students can transfer into the master’s degree track. Learn more about the graduate certificate.
- macOS must be version 10.15 or newer
- 4GB RAM
- Windows 11 64-bit: Home or Pro version 21H2 or higher, or Enterprise or Education version 21H2 or higher.
- Windows 10 64-bit: Home or Pro 21H1 (build 19043) or higher, or Enterprise or Education 20H2 (build 19042) or higher.
- 64-bit processor with Second Level Address Translation (SLAT)
- 4GB RAM