The Master of Arts in Mass Communication with a concentration in social media is a 36 credit hour program consisting of 12 credits of core social media courses, nine credits of core mass communication credits, nine elective credit hours, four practicum credit hours, one professional development credit hour, and a three-credit capstone featuring a real client.
Unique Learning Experience
- The fall and spring semesters are 16 weeks and the summer semester is 13 weeks. All courses follow the traditional UF Academic Calendar.
- Students generally take between one and three classes per semester.
- Full-time students can complete the curriculum in 15 months.
- All classes are online with recorded lectures and live online meetings, allowing students to view classes at their pace during the week.
- Each week, students must meet weekly objectives and complete assignments.
Social Media Core – 15 Credits Required
Choose one of the following options:
MAMC Core – Six Credits Required
General Electives – 12 Credits Required
Capstone Project – Three Credits Required
Students in the graduate certificate track complete the first four courses listed above. Upon successful completion, students can transfer into the master’s degree track. Learn more about the graduate certificate.